What CMMC Maturity Level does my company need to be?

primesub

From my understanding of CMMC, there are 5 different levels that build on top of each other, is that correct? How do I know which level I need to achieve?

erin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Primesub,

When you receive the contract, it will let you know what CMMC ML you will need to achieve. Unfortunately, from what we understand right now, there's not really any way to know before you receive the contract; however, if you have several contracts and you produce, transmit, store, or in any way TOUCH any Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI), it's a pretty safe bet that you will need to have achieved at LEAST ML 3. ML 3 is essentially NIST SP 800-171, which, if you have any contracts, you should be NIST SP 800-171 compliant, so hopefully it won't take too much remediation to reach CMMC ML 3 for you.

My best advice? If you haven't started yet or you aren't sure? Give us a call at 919-422-2607 or book a free consultation with Craig on our online scheduler. The longer you put your head in the sand, the more likely you are to NOT get your contracts.

Get CMMC Compliant With PTG's CMMC Compliance Tool Kit - Learn More